A thrilling championship unfolded at Lima Cricket & Football Club at Easter 2014, in a newly-expanded format, which included invitees Mexico, along with regulars Argentina, Brazil, Chile and Peru. Going into the last day, four of the five teams had a chance of reaching the Final. In the event, Mexico scraped through by number of wickets taken and lost, despite being convincingly beaten by Peru in the final group game.
Although considered underdogs in the final, a rejuvenated Mexico produced some of their best cricket to deny Chile, who had lost their captain, Craig Andrews, to injury the day before. The coveted trophy therefore made the journey to North America for the first time!
To see Henry Harris’ excellent photos of the event, click here.
11th South American Championship: Lima – Perú
Fri, 17th April
- Match 1: Brazil vs Chile. Chile won by 7 wkts. Scorecard
- Match 2: Peru vs Argentina A. Argentina A won by 7 wkts. Scorecard
- Match 3: Brazil vs Mexico. Mexico won by 5 wkts. Scorecard
Fri, 18th April
- Match 4: Mexico vs Argentina A. Mexico won by 3 runs. Scorecard
- Match 5: Peru vs Brazil. Brazil won by 4 wkts. Scorecard
- Match 6: Chile vs Argentina A. Chile won by 11 runs. Scorecard
Sat, 19th April
- Match 7: Peru vs Chile. Peru won by 4 wkts. Scorecard
- Match 8: Brazil vs Argentina A. Brazil won by 111 runs. Scorecard
- Match 9: Chile vs Mexico. Chile won by 20 runs. Scorecard
Sun, 20th April
- Match 10: Peru vs Mexico. Peru won by 5 wkts. Scorecard
- Final: Mexico vs Chile. Mexico won by 20 runs. Scorecard